Xfce on the installation DVD (was Re: Regarding XFCE wiki page)

Kevin Fenzi kevin at scrye.com
Wed Jan 19 16:35:32 UTC 2011

On Tue, 18 Jan 2011 20:34:23 +0100
Christoph Wickert <christoph.wickert at googlemail.com> wrote:

> BTW: This is something we want to change for F15. We just need to come
> up with a few suggestions to free space on the DVD in order to
> convince release engineering.
>
> Suggestions:
>       * eclipse-pde (82,1 MB)
>       * scribus and scribus-doc (21,4 MB)
>       * gnome-games-help (18,1 MB)
>       * evolution-help (16,7 MB)
>
> To me eclipse-pde looks most promising: It's not required for eclipse
> and it's plugins but only for developing *new* eclipse-plugins. If we
> remove scribus we will have to mess the design-team and for the help
> packages with the GNOME desktop folks. ;)
>
> Removing eclipse-pde will free enough space to include both Xfce and
> LXDE and more, say Moblin/Megoo or Sugar.

I thought there was already free room on the dvd. (At least in f14, the
image was smaller than it had been in the past). They might have added
things in at the last minute tho. ;(

I did mention the idea of adding Xfce/LXDE to the dvd in the last
rel-eng meeting and was not immediately shouted down, so thats good.
Would you like me to take these above suggestions to them?

kevin