Xfce on the installation DVD (was Re: Regarding XFCE wiki page)

Christoph Wickert christoph.wickert at googlemail.com
Wed Jan 19 19:18:47 UTC 2011

Am Mittwoch, den 19.01.2011, 09:35 -0700 schrieb Kevin Fenzi:
> On Tue, 18 Jan 2011 20:34:23 +0100
> Christoph Wickert <christoph.wickert at googlemail.com> wrote:
>
> > BTW: This is something we want to change for F15. We just need to come
> > up with a few suggestions to free space on the DVD in order to
> > convince release engineering.
> >
> > Suggestions:
> >       * eclipse-pde (82,1 MB)
> >       * scribus and scribus-doc (21,4 MB)
> >       * gnome-games-help (18,1 MB)
> >       * evolution-help (16,7 MB)
> >
> > To me eclipse-pde looks most promising: It's not required for eclipse
> > and it's plugins but only for developing *new* eclipse-plugins. If we
> > remove scribus we will have to mess the design-team and for the help
> > packages with the GNOME desktop folks. ;)
> >
> > Removing eclipse-pde will free enough space to include both Xfce and
> > LXDE and more, say Moblin/Megoo or Sugar.
>
> I thought there was already free room on the dvd. (At least in f14, the
> image was smaller than it had been in the past). They might have added
> things in at the last minute tho. ;(

Hmm, I didn't know that. The last time I suggested to have Xfce and LXDE
on the DVD I was shot down and told...

> I did mention the idea of adding Xfce/LXDE to the dvd in the last
> rel-eng meeting and was not immediately shouted down, so thats good.
> Would you like me to take these above suggestions to them?

... that I should do a proof of concept, so I should spin my own DVD. I
did not have the time and the necessary documentation, but if someone is
willing to do this and we have something to show to rel-eng, our chances
are surely better.

Regards,
Christoph