More space on the Xfce spin

Ron Leach ronleach at tesco.net
Mon Jan 24 15:53:44 UTC 2011

Adam Miller wrote:

> While I agree with the idea of keeping things light, I think going the
> route of LibreOffice wouldn't be a horrible idea but something that we'd
> need to consider and maybe run some test on to see how much performance
> is impacted (especially on older machines and/or netbooks).

We've added Open Office on our netbooks with XFCE.  It is quite
important for us at work, and at home, to have WP, Spreadsheet, and
presentation packages that can read and write Microsoft Office files.
  Having them on the spin, as opposed to retrieving them, is likely to
matter to those without good internet connectivity.

regards, Ron