Interest in the XFCE SIG

Adam Miller maxamillion at fedoraproject.org
Mon Jun 20 13:48:05 UTC 2011

On Mon, Jun 20, 2011 at 09:56:23PM -0400, Jayson Rowe wrote:
> Good Evening,
> My name is Jayson Rowe, and I'm interested in becoming involved in the
> Fedora XFCE SIG. I'm a recent convert from GNOME, and I'd love to do
> whatever I can to make the Fedora XFCE spin a first-class XFCE
> distro. I'm not a coder, but I'm willing to help users, test packages,
> and do whatever I can to make the XFCE spin even better than it is.
> Just looking for some guidance.
> Thanks!
> Jayson

Welcome! We're a relatively small group and most conversation that is
xfce-centric in respect to Fedora happens right here on the list so
you're certainly in the right place. From what I understand, testing is
going to be the main place where help would be appreciated. Testing
current F14 and F15 Xfce packages that come through Bodhi:
    https://admin.fedoraproject.org/updates
in the updates-testing repository as well as testing the nightly builds
of the xfce spin from rawhide which are located here:
    http://alt.fedoraproject.org/pub/alt/nightly-composes/
    (just select the Xfce spin and architecture you need)

I'm sure others will chime in with suggestions as well, but most of all
welcome to the group! We're always happy to have new users interested in
Xfce within Fedora! :)

-AdamM