Terminal desktop file name

Stephen John Smoogen smooge at gmail.com
Fri Jun 24 00:35:16 UTC 2011

On Thu, Jun 23, 2011 at 11:58, Christoph Wickert
<christoph.wickert at googlemail.com> wrote:
> Am Donnerstag, den 23.06.2011, 11:04 -0600 schrieb Kevin Fenzi:
>> On Thu, 23 Jun 2011 18:39:53 +0200
>> Christoph Wickert <christoph.wickert at googlemail.com> wrote:
>>

>> > We could leave everyhing as it is now then. It doesn't matter which
>> > one you choose as long as you only have one installed.
>>
>> Why restrict people to only installing one?
>
> I am not restricting anybody, I just said that most people will only
> have one and we will force them to have specific menu entries for very
> generic items. IMHO this is restriction.

Currently I have several showing up in my menu's even though I didn't
mean to install them (I installed Xfce, and Gnome via the DVD which
has given me 2 Terminals). I also ran into people asking me this at
SELF last week when they were getting away from Gnome but ending up
with multiple Terminals.

I do not know what the solution is..
a) Make an xfce-menu package with the xfce items all showing up there.
b) In the grand tradition of Unix jokes make xfce Terminal show up as terminal
c) Put in a qualifier xfce-Terminal

--
Stephen J Smoogen.
battle." -- Ian MacLaren