xdg-open not working for directories

Raphael Groner raphgro at web.de
Thu Jun 30 11:12:07 UTC 2011

Please notice the empty output of the first command.

$ xdg-mime query default application/x-directory

What happens if you try to set the value to empty? Sorry for asking,
but I am not sure if you understood my previous answer correctly. :)

I can't tell how you can remove / empty the value after a specific
desktop file was set for the mime type. There's nothing about that in
the man page. Possibly a bug.

Thunar should be the system default for this mime type, there's no need
to set a specific desktop file.