exo 0.10/thunar 1.6.0

Christoph Wickert christoph.wickert at gmail.com
Wed Dec 5 10:16:20 UTC 2012

Am Montag, den 03.12.2012, 22:27 +0100 schrieb Martin Sourada:
> Hi,
>
> On Mon, 03 Dec 2012 17:54:32 +0100
> Christoph Wickert wrote:
>
> > Am Montag, den 03.12.2012, 10:37 -0200 schrieb Sergio:
> > > Please, take my boldness lightly but I'm already expecting
> > > http://mail.xfce.org/pipermail/xfce/2012-December/031768.html
> > > http://mail.xfce.org/pipermail/xfce/2012-December/031769.html
> > > appear in updates-testing ;-)
> >
> > Two remarks:
> >      1. Please don't *expect* something unless you do it yourself.
> >      2. I am not the new version will hit F17. It's a change of the
> > user experience that violates our update policy [1] and it missed
> >         beta freeze, so I am not even sure we could bring it to F18.
> Yeah, and still firfox gets updated mid release whenever new major
> release is out (I wonder when it last broke gxine build, not to
> mention it actually working :()...

I agree the Firefox development model and versioning scheme is broken,
but that doesn't mean that we have to break other stuff, too. ;)

> > Here is my suggestion:
> > F17: Probably not.
> *cough-cough* What about the xfce-4.10 repo?

As it isn't an official repo anyway, the update policy does not apply.

> > F18: Lets deliver it as a 0-day update, to minimize the change of the
> > user experience. Otherwise we'll have to support Thunar 1.4 till the
> > F18 EOL and by that time, 1.8 will probably be out already.
> Seems sane to me to do the 0-day update, definitely better than having
> to support 1.4 till F18 EOL ourselves.

Right. Note that this always is a problem, the Xfce and Fedora
development cycles don't go together well and we either have to ship a
development version at the beginning or support an outdated one
later. :( 1.6 should buy us some time here.

Kind regards,
Christoph