Live CD Request for Enhancement: screen savers

Martin Sourada martin.sourada at gmail.com
Sun Nov 9 09:49:14 UTC 2014

V Fri, 07 Nov 2014 12:36:05 -0800
ToddAndMargo <ToddAndMargo at zoho.com> napsáno:

> Dear Fedora Xfce,
>
> http://download.fedoraproject.org/pub/fedora/linux/releases/test/21-Beta/Live/x86_64/Fedora-Live-Xfce-x86_64-21_Beta-4.iso
>
> Request for Enhancement:
>
> I do so love the Live CD's: use them for troubleshooting
> and installation of new systems.
>
> Problem: the screen saver comes without any screen savers.
> Makes you think the stinker is broken.  Causes a lot of
> consternation.  And, makes you look a little stupid in front
> of the customer after bragging how well done Xfce Linux is.
>
> Would you please include the screen savers with the screen saver?
>
> Here is a article on the problem:
>
> http://laboinaroja.org/2014/01/28/how-to-install-screensavers-in-fedora-20/
>

> The money part is:
>     yum install xscreensaver-base xscreensaver-extras
> xscreensaver-extras-base xscreensaver-gl-base xscreensaver-gl-extras
>
> Many thanks,
> -T

Hi Todd,

FWIW, from my perspective this is perfectly the correct state of
things. When we are trying to fit size-wise into a CD it's IMHO pretty
contraproductive trying to fit in things that are completelly
useless eyecandy with oxymoronic name (they don't save screen at
all, quite the contrary!). Best screen saver is black locked screen.
Just my 2 cents.

Regards,
Martin