[Ambassadors] What FOSS collaborative tools are available to contributors, what is needed?

Zoltan Hoppar hopparz at gmail.com
Thu Dec 8 12:19:19 UTC 2011

Hi Kevin,

I think this is an good start, and I say there we should suggest more
and more tools. Altrough we have shut down the fedora talk part
(SIP/VOIP) inside fedora - we have alternatives for this too - and no
need for just google talk, or skype. For our teams I could suggest
Mumble for voip chat, or team meeting, and also for long term - even
more.

BTW, for our ambassadors I think we could have tools, on drupal base -
like drupal commerce, and COD - but these are only few examples.

Cheers,

Zoltan

2011/12/8 Kévin Raymond <shaiton at fedoraproject.org>:
> Hi there,
>
> From the survey thread on the amba list[1] it appears that people
> simply use what they know and don't even look for open alternatives.
> Is there a wiki page showing all collaborative tools set up for contributors?
> I've heard about an etherpad instance last year… Still up?
> What about setting a dudle[3] instance (doodle like) or similar?
> UNG Docs ("UNG is Not Google") looks great for online office tools,
> never tried. But could be used instead of google doc.
> What about survey? I've seen some the past year, I am sure that we
> have something around.
>
> Simply give inputs I will then fill a wiki page if needed.
>
> As a Fedora Project Contributor, I feel really proud to tell people
> that we are all using only free and open source software (please don't
> check my smtp server…). There are many great free alternatives, we
> should highlight them (or set up them using our infra if there is no
> online service yet).
>

> [1] http://lists.fedoraproject.org/pipermail/ambassadors/2011-December/018595.html
> [2] http://www.ung-project.org/
> [3] https://dudle.inf.tu-dresden.de/about.cgi?lang=en