[fedora-arm] Regarding Seneca Issues

Jon Masters jcm at redhat.com
Thu Nov 29 04:17:22 UTC 2012

On 11/28/2012 09:59 PM, Brendan Conoboy wrote:
> On 11/28/2012 12:45 PM, Jon Chiappetta wrote:
>>> - repo issues (the generally perl based build failures due to repo
>>> issues). I reported I thought I had found the offending host but the
>>> issue appears to have come back. Was the host re-enabled, what testing
>>> has Seneca done?
>>
>> * Could you please provide the specific task links as examples or names
>> of hosts that are causing the problem so we could diagnose the problem
>> and look into resolving it?
>>
>>> - builder issues, seeing issues with things like the disk space on the
>>> large builders without a resolution, or a resolution being reported.
>>> What is the status, is it fixed?
>>
>> * What are the problems with the large builders? Are there RAM issues,
>> permission issues, low space issues? Which builders need to be looked at
>> specifically because it's hard to solve this without the needed info.
>
> There's a common theme here: Issues are coming up and there isn't an
> obvious way to report them, track them, or otherwise make sure they're
> resolved, much less documented.  We need to fix that.

Let me jump in here...

Thing is, and not speaking for Brendan, but I'm sure he agrees. None of
this is personal or meant to detract from the great work being done at
Seneca. You guys have been great, and I know that sometimes we all get a
bit frustrated, and even ranty on IRC. Let's try this though. As
custodians of Koji you get an awesome new project, which is to figure
out the best way to do change tracking and notification of outages and
the like. Perhaps someone could take that on as a project exercise?
Heck, I'd give huge course credit - these are hard problems! :)

Jon.