[fedora-arm] Who's using Kirkwood?

Brendan Conoboy blc at redhat.com
Sat Oct 6 19:55:40 UTC 2012

On 10/06/2012 06:50 AM, Peter Robinson wrote:
> Of course none of this is set in stone, it's a discussion and just me
> putting my ideas into words.

FWIW, I likewise think we should shoot for promotion of armv7hl to
primary, leaving armv5 (or armv6) secondary.  Numerous packages with
atomics issues magically begin working this way.  Additionally, in the
timeframe we're talking about v7 is going to be the overwhelming
majority of systems out there.

One extra thought: If we move from armv5tel to armv6hl for the Pi's
sake, there's still a big gain: A single koji builder can be used for
both armv7hl and armv6hl builds.  Supporting armv5tel means we need to
provide separate builders for the alternate ABI, raising the overall
number of builders required.

Brendan Conoboy / Red Hat, Inc. / blc at redhat.com