workflow help

Michael Cronenworth mike at cchtml.com
Mon Feb 22 14:33:54 UTC 2010

Doug Reiland wrote:
> So, I import a src.rpm. What is the process for generating the binary rpms?
> I was assuming koji would do a rpnmbuild --rebuild via mock?? somehow.

No. You do not want to "import" anything. You want to "build" packages.
You do not use "koji import". You want to use "koji build".

> How are updates managed in fedora? I was assuming packages were always
> getting rebuilt based on some kind of trigger (source update, ...),
> and tagged, after testing or time-frame moved to an update repository.
> Is this or something like it done in koji or outside koji.

Fedora uses a CVS tree (soon git?) for holding all the specs and source
code. When a packager issues "make package" the koji system pulls the
spec and source and builds from that, instead of an SRPM. This is part
of the ServerHowTo.