Regular Koji cleanup

Anthony Messina amessina at messinet.com
Mon Apr 9 17:26:42 UTC 2012

On 04/09/2012 12:17 PM, Mike McLean wrote:
> On 04/06/2012 07:35 AM, Anthony Messina wrote:
>> It was mentioned in
>> http://lists.fedoraproject.org/pipermail/buildsys/2012-April/003838.html
>> that some manual DB cleanup is in order from time to time.
>>
>> I also run a private Koji instance and am wondering if there are other
>> regular maintenance activities that should be run other than those
>> provided by koji-gc and removing old scratch and work directories?
>>
>> Are there other DB commands that should be run to keep things pruned
>> down?
>
> The sessions one is the only raw db command that I run regularly. I
> really should automate that properly within Koji.
>
> Apart from the things you listed, I believe the only other general
> maintenance action I have is running the
> prune-signed-copies subcommand nightly. Of course that only matters if
> you are regularly generating signed copies.

Thanks, Mike.  I've cobbled a 'koji-maint' Bash script together that
keeps things generally tidy and creates new repos using mash, etc. to
automate the Koji buildsys -> usable yum repo for a private Koji
instance: http://messinet.com/trac/browser/koji-maint/koji-maint

I'll probably add the db session cleanup to that as well.

Any recommendations for lookaside cache cleanup?  I'm thinking that I'd
like to remove items from the lookaside cache once theyre removed from
Koji via kogi-gc.

Thanks.  -A

8F89 5E72 8DF0 BCF0 10BE 9967 92DC 35DC B001 4A4E