F23 Final release notes

Paul W. Frields stickster at gmail.com
Thu Oct 15 18:49:27 UTC 2015

On Thu, Oct 15, 2015 at 10:45:22AM -0400, Matthias Clasen wrote:
> On Wed, 2015-10-14 at 15:57 -0400, Paul W. Frields wrote:
> > I started making notes for the F23 Final release of Workstation here:
> >
> > <https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/F23_Final_release_announcement#Fedora
> > _Workstation>
> >
> > I started with Beta notes, but one thing I did was to revise the text
> > to be more user-centric.  Rather than talking about technology, app
> > or
> > library changes as the topic of the sentence, concentrate on what the
> > user experiences or can do as a result.
> >
> > Matthias, if you get the tasklist in order as to what is done, I may
> > be able to pull out some more features.  What would help me most is
> > if
> > the summaries there reflect what's done for F23:
> >
> > <https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Workstation/Tasklist>
>
> I'm still working on that.
>
> So far, I have these comments:
>
> We don't have any UI yet for the metered connection setting in
> NetworkManager, and gnome-software doesn't use the information yet
> either. I wouldn't mention it here. We'll have it all hooked up in f24.

*Sadface. We mentioned this in Beta and it sounds in that announcement
like a done deal.  We need to be more attentive to these notes next
release, and not over-promise.

> For Wayland, you can at least mention mixed hi-dpi support.

See the Beta announcement again:
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/F23_Beta_release_announcement

The strikeout there makes it look like this didn't hit GNOME 3.18.
What precisely are we supposed to mention?