Frequent dbus(?) crashes with Samsung 840 Pro SSD

Chris Murphy lists at colorremedies.com
Wed Feb 20 22:01:51 UTC 2013

On Feb 20, 2013, at 12:42 PM, Digimer <lists at alteeve.ca> wrote:

> b) I 0'ed out the entire drive (over USB from F18 on my older SSD) before reinstalling F18 on the Samsung.

FYI this isn't a good idea with SSDs. Use ATA Secure Erase instead with hdparm, or the included Windows utility can do this - it almost always requires a direct SATA connection because most of the USB to SATA bridge chipsets are crap and don't pass through these ATA commands.

What mount options are you using? In particular do you have discard enabled?

Chris Murphy