Events FAD planning meeting 2010-01-14

Mel Chua mel at redhat.com
Thu Jan 14 21:32:56 UTC 2010

http://meetbot.fedoraproject.org/fudcon-planning/2010-01-14/fudcon-planning.2010-01-14-21.04.html

Highlights:

Preapproved travel funding for Chris Tyler, Andrew Ross, and Thanh Ha.
This mostly wraps up the attendee/funding list (because we may
potentially be close-enough to out-of-budget to make this a cutoff);
I'll send a summary when everything is booked (flights, then hotel) so
we can see the status of our budget. We should be comfortably under.

Our three deliverables for the FAD:

1. Timeline for planning future FUDCons
2. A revised and expanded edition of
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/FUDCon/Organization prepared for the
organizers of the next FUDCon in the planning queue
3. A recording / remote participation solution (FUDCon Live)

The first two don't need much in the way of prep other than looking the
FUDCon Survey results (preliminary draft at
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/File:FUDCon-2009-survey-draft.odp thanks
to Robyn Bergeron - see top of slide 54 for my favorite comment) and
bringing your own notes on FUDCon/FAD planning.

The third one needs more structure - it's a technical project, so we'll
need Andrew and Thanh to pop into IRC with us sometime (hopefully at our
next meeting) to lay down that gameplan, so we know the tickets we'll be
sprinting on during the FAD.

Other than that, everything seems to be all set - we're in great shape.

--Mel