Events FAD -- comments on our status

Paul W. Frields stickster at gmail.com
Sun Jan 31 18:25:04 UTC 2010

On Sun, Jan 31, 2010 at 03:09:04AM -0500, Mel Chua wrote:
> First things first: hotel checkout is at noon, so in the late morning
> we're going to check the status of the road and our flights and each
> person will decide what they want to do with regards to their departure.
> Everyone's listed as flying out within 5 minutes of 6pm, except for
> Chris who has a flight at 5.
>
> Regardless of transit status, we'll be winding down the FAD at 2pm and
> spending an hour on personal reflections/notes (read: blog posts, etc)
> before officially ending at 3. People might be continuing work past
> then, but it'll be post-FAD stuff. ;-)
>
> > I've taken a look at most of the active threads and pages that we worked
> > on today, and tried to assess current status and remaining TODOS.
>
> The group of us remaining had a couple quick discussions, and based on
> that, here's what I think people are working on wrapping up for
> tomorrow. When multiple names are listed, the first name is Sunday's
> whip-cracker for that series of tasks. ;-)
>
> (chris, mel)
> * fudcon howto doc completed
>
> (paul, clint, dennis)
> * freeseer core packaged
> * do something with the front end
> * CLI

This isn't going to be possible to finish today.  For good packaging
we probably need to integrate distutils-type setup in the library, and
to do *that* we need better collaboration directly in the git branch.

What we've done to advance that status is to work with the maintainers
to get the development branch moved to Fedora Hosted, and open up the
commit access to more people.  That should allow us to help shoulder
the work of scrubbing and arranging code in a truly collaborative
effort.

Once we have a setup that works, the packaging will be able to pass
muster in Fedora.

> (clint)
> * AVBox
>
> (dennis, max, rodrigo)
> * FUDCon LATAM
>
> (jon)
> * FAD followup
>
> (yaakov, mel)
> * fudcon live survey analysis
> * fudcon live doc
>
> (david)
> * make sure all docs are finished
>
> Paul, David, and Yaakov had already gone to sleep for the night by the
> time we had this conversation, so I want to make sure that this list
> jives with theirs. People can (and will!) work outside the things
> they're written down for in the above list, but I believe that this is
> what each person is aiming for. Corrections, patches, etc. welcome.

I have a .spec file ready for freeseer, but it won't technically work
until we complete the underlying distutils work.  Spent a little while
on that.  I spent some time discussing git details with Thanh on
line.  I spent some time fixing a bug that was revealed by our Fedora
Hosted conversation, which is that FH isn't listed on Wikipedia:

http://lists.fedoraproject.org/pipermail/infrastructure/2010-January/008328.html

I also did some meta/org work filling in the time cracks, like talking
with Max, checking road conditions, and arranging the drive home.