kmail2 question on Fedora 15 [ANSWERED]

Lester M. Petrie Jr. petrielmjr at ornl.gov
Wed Dec 14 17:53:36 UTC 2011

On Thursday, November 17, 2011 01:58:56 PM Lester M. Petrie Jr. wrote:
> Hi
>
> I have finally gotten kmail2 to run on my Fedora 15 machine.  I ended up using
> an entirely different mail directory.  I was able to import the mail from the
> old directories into new versions.  But I do have one annoying problem.  My
> mail is delivered directly to the machine, and spooled to /var/mail/user-id.
> kmail was configured to go check the spool periodically, move the mail into my
> inbox, and delete the mail from the spool.  I haven't found a way to get
> kmail2 to do this.  Currently I have added the spool as another mailbox, and
> when mail shows up, I manually move it, and then manually run a script to
> delete it from the spool.  How do I setup kmail2 to do the previous behavior?
> Thanks.

This turned out to not be a kmail2 problem at all, but was a SELinux problem.  I had apparently turned off
being notified of procmail AVCs, and procmail was being prevented from delivering the mail.  I logged into
a console instead of a gui while a set of Fedora update notices was being delivered, and the terminal was
flooded with procmail AVC messages (which later were not in audit.log).  After relabeling the mail directories
as a type that procmail can write to, now mail is being delivered as it should.

--
Lester M Petrie
865-574-5259
petrielmjr at ornl.gov