Fedora 15 Schedule

Kyle McMartin kyle at mcmartin.ca
Thu Nov 25 14:38:13 UTC 2010

On Thu, Nov 25, 2010 at 04:41:35AM +0100, Micha? Piotrowski wrote:
> So, whats with Xen support?
> http://lists.fedoraproject.org/pipermail/virt/2010-November/002324.html

Personally, I don't care.

> If all the required things will be merged into 2.6.38 it's still too
> late, because of
> "Tue 08-Feb  Tue 08-Feb  Feature Freeze (Testable|Complete)"

I put conservative things in the timeline, but said 2.6.37 in
"mid-January" which implies 2.6.38-rc1 in "mid-January + approximately
2.5 weeks" which I would round to the first week of February because of
LCA.

If the Xen stuff is merged by 2.6.38-rc1 (and if it's not, it won't be
in 2.6.38 at all) then I don't see why it can't be a feature. They'll
just have to work on all their pieces seperately to begin with.

> I know it will probably be in F16, but for the F15 might be at hand
> (if all required Xen stuff will be merged into mainline).

I'm not taking backports of core kernel code. Full stop.

--Kyle