MeeGo 1.0 question

Gaveen Prabhasara gaveen at owain.org
Mon Jun 21 21:52:12 UTC 2010

On Tue, Jun 22, 2010 at 2:16 AM, Peter Robinson <pbrobinson at gmail.com>wrote:

> On Mon, Jun 21, 2010 at 9:36 PM, Brandon Lozza <brandon at pwnage.ca> wrote:
> > Hi Peter,
> >
> > https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Features/MeeGo_1.0
> >
> > According to this you're the owner. I'm just curious of the mono
> > portion of MeeGo. Will that be packaged by default? Will the Fedora
> > MeeGo be a seperate spin? Thanks for your time.
>
> Yep, that would be me. Well the mono portion of MeeGo is just the
> media player and I'm undecided regarding that at the moment and are
> reviewing the options.
>
> Regarding the separate spin do you mean a "Fedora Spin" like the
> current "Fedora Mobin" spin, if so that is the current plan. Its still
> all in planning.

But in case someone decides to do a yum groupinstall to get the
MeeGo netbook, like it's with the Moblins case, technically it should
pull the mono stuff if we make it exactly as it is (explained in Peters
reply).

> Peter

Peter, are there any alternatives you are currently thinking of?
Considering the level of UI integration the current one has, the
experience would be different if we don't have an alternative in place.

UI integrated alternative always means additional work, but could be
a useful venture in the long run if we mean to avoid mono in the base.
Sorry if I hijacked the thread.

--
Gaveen Prabhasara