[Fedora-packaging] Item for FPC consideration - changelogs

Ralf Corsepius rc040203 at freenet.de
Mon Jan 25 07:06:04 UTC 2010

On 01/25/2010 07:12 AM, Jon Stanley wrote:
> I consider this to be common sense, but it's not in the guidelines
> right now - that changelog entries are immutable.  To that end, I have
> a really simple draft up here for revision of the guidelines to
> explicitly state that.
>
> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/User:Jstanley/Changelog_Draft

Firstly, I don't understand which issue your are trying to solve.

Secondly, I am opposed to that change, because besides the issues,
others already mentioned ("mistakes" etc), we once had a discussion on
this topic (IIRC, on @devel, several years ago), which had concluded
into "maintainers are advised to trim changelogs/delete obsolete and
irrelevant changelog entries" to keep changelogs readable.

Ralf