The new installer

David Lehman dlehman at redhat.com
Tue Sep 11 18:21:21 UTC 2012

On Tue, 2012-09-11 at 10:24 -0700, Chuck Forsberg WA7KGX N2469R wrote:
> Then there is a question of prominently showing substandard
> software to the public.  We all know about first impressions
> in social settings.  In operating systems it is the installer that
> makes the first impressions.

You have also pointed out an answer your own question about why we redid
the installer's user interface: it was antiquated and not user-friendly.

What kind of impression do you think people get when, after hearing that
Fedora defines itself as bleeding edge technology, they are presented
with an installer interface designed and written more than ten years
ago?