Developers responsibillity to Fedora Users

n2xssvv.g02gfr12930 n2xssvv.g02gfr12930 at ntlworld.com
Tue Sep 27 10:52:11 UTC 2011

snip

> Ahh, this is all about GNOME 3.  It's very unfair to describe the
> actions/attitude of GNOME developers at that of all Fedora developers.

snip

> Not to mention KDE and XFCE.
>
> GNOME 3 is, to say the least, controversial. Ubuntu Unity hasn't had a
> uniformly great reception either.  GNOME 3 is still in its first
> release, and it'll be interesting to see how it develops.
>
> Andrew.

I remember the problems with the migration from KDE 3 -> 4, being a long
time KDE user. Anyway, I persevered with KDE 4, and after about 6 to 12
months things improved. That may just be that I became more familiar
with KDE 4, as much as any fixes and updates. Whatever, I suspect the
same will happen with Gnome 3, frustrating as that may be. Meanwhile I
wish those that persevere with Gnome 3 all the best.