Developers responsibillity to Fedora Users

Craig White craigwhite at azapple.com
Fri Sep 30 02:28:40 UTC 2011

On Thu, 2011-09-29 at 19:03 +0200, Reindl Harald wrote:

> Am 29.09.2011 19:00, schrieb Joe Zeff:
> > On 09/29/2011 04:27 AM, Craig White wrote:
> >> I think you are now understanding why few developers monitor the various
> >> users lists.
> >
> > They don't want to know what users think of their work?
>
> many developers are not interested in their users and are using
> "it's free and i do what i want" as answers because they write
> the stuff for their own needs without thinking what damage they
> do with their "technical perfect solutions if the things are
> finished somewhere in time" and do not give any thoughts about
> the question if their current work is in a public useable state
----
sort of - yes

Why on earth would I want to spend my time doing something other than
what I want to do with my time? To make you happy? Don't be delusional.

Your declaration of 'usable' is clearly argumentative. If the software
clearly doesn't work, it is either fixed or dropped from distribution.

Craig

believed to be clean.