F21, authconfig-tui, system is unusable

Dan Irwin rummymobile at gmail.com
Wed Feb 11 01:03:11 UTC 2015

Hi all,

I just ran authconfig-tui to configure my F21 system for kerberos and ldap.

When I reboot, Fedora gives me the firstboot screen EVERY TIME now.

Prior to running authconfig-tui, my system was working fine, and had been
for weeks.

If i attempt to setup a new account, it hangs indefinetly.

If i allow it to join my AD domain, it hangs indefinetly.

Point:

I just setup my machine to join the local kerberos realm and ldap
directory. Now it's unusable.

Why the hell would I now want to join my AD realm? And why is it even
hanging?

I could debug this, and open bugs, but history has shown that any bug "too
hard" won't even be looked at.

Do the developers of Linux actually use linux for anything other than to
try and clone OS X, poorly?

</rant>

- Dan