www.fpo front page banners for Fedora 17's release

Elad Alfassa elad at fedoraproject.org
Thu Mar 29 19:46:59 UTC 2012

2012/3/29 Máirín Duffy <duffy at fedoraproject.org>:
> Hi,
>
> Does anyone have anything planned for the two feature slides for the
> front page of fedoraproject.org for Fedora 17's launch?
>
> For slide 1, we can simply use the desktop wallpaper background and the
> design team can put together a nice screenshot.
>
> For slide 4, we can use the group photo Russell Harrison took at FUDcon
> Blacksburg:
> http://blog.russellharrison.com/2012/03/21/find-waldo-at-fudcon-blacksburg-2012/
>
> But slides #2 and #3 should feature some key features of Fedora 17. Any
> ideas on which of these lovelies (or other features not listed here)
> should be featured front and center?
>
> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Releases/17/FeatureList
>
> (/me would pick Gimp 2.8 and Multitouch support but I'm quite biased. :)
I'd also pick gimp 2.8, but not multitouch - The multitouch support is
at plumbing (ie kernel and xorg) level and isn't really supported in
the desktop itself yet. It's just the groundwork for real multitouch
support.

For the spin slide, I think we should choose the game spin this time.
we already had electronics and robotics, and if I recall correctly we
had security lab as well.
If we didn't do security lab at the spin slide yet, we should do it.
> If we love more than 2 to feature we could certainly add another slide
> or too, more excitement better than less right?)
Well, we can, but I prefer not to have too many slides in the main page.

> ~m

Thank you, by the way, for sending this email. I almost forgot we need
to update the slides.

--
-Elad Alfassa.