I had to disable this plugin to solve the problem (workaround) in my master.
My first guess to solve the problem is:
Delete my agreements, my replication DB, and re-create everything, and
after that try to enable the plugin again. But I couldn't do it so far...I
will later in this month.
On Fri, Sep 28, 2018 at 4:00 PM Kreuzenstein, Luke (OIT) <
>>> From: "Alberto Viana"
>>> To: "General discussion list for the 389 Directory server
>>> Sent: Tuesday, March 20, 2018 6:15:46 PM
>>> Subject: [389-users] error moving an user
>>> Hey Guys,
>>> 389 version: 389-Directory/188.8.131.52.20170912git26a9426 B2017.255.1330
>>> I'm trying to move one of my users to another OU and I see this kind
>>> Error while moving entry
>>> - [LDAP: error code 1 - Operations Error]
>>> java.lang.Exception: [LDAP: error code 1 - Operations Error]
>>> In the log I see:
>>> [20/Mar/2018:14:12:27.172553808 -0300] - ERR - ldbm_back_modrdn -
>>> SLAPI_PLUGIN_BE_TXN_POST_MODRDN_FN plugin returned error but did
>>> I thought that was related to my windows replication, but I
disabled it and
>>> I'm still getting the error.
>>> Any clues?
>>> 389-users mailing list -- 389-users(a)lists.fedoraproject.org
>>> To unsubscribe send an email to
On Wed, Mar 21, 2018 at 12:00 PM, Simon Pichugin <spichugi(a)redhat.com>
>> could you please enable 16385 errorlog-level (16384 defaults and
1 trace) just before the operation and send us the
>> ldapmodify -h localhost -p 389 -D "cn=Directory manager" -w
password << EOF
>> dn: cn=config
>> changetype: modify
>> replace: nsslapd-errorlog-level
>> nsslapd-errorlog-level: 16385
Alberto Viana wrote on 3/23/2018 8:08 AM:
> I was able to reproduce the problem in a new fresh install (I just
imported my database), and It's related to "Referential Integrity
Postoperation Plugin" that I use in my environment. When I disable it,
the moving works just fine.
> I have a single master, replication to one AD.
> I changed the log level, but it's really hard to find the root cause.
> Do you want to take a look on it?
> Once it has some info about my tree, I'd prefer to send the link to
download the file directly to you.
Was this issue ever resolved? I'm experiencing the same symptom
intermittently in a production environment but haven't managed to
reproduce it in my test environment. The DN gets updated but the uid
(naming attribute) does not. Restarting slapd has helped in one instance
(to apparently fix a corrupted entry) but not every instance.
[27/Sep/2018:11:29:31.994645991 -0800] - ERR - ldbm_back_modrdn -
SLAPI_PLUGIN_BE_TXN_POST_MODRDN_FN plugin returned error but did not set
It's a single master configuration with two consumer replicas and about
The Referential Integrity Postoperation Plugin is enabled on the master
> rpm -qa | grep 389-ds-base
> uname -a
Linux 3.10.0-862.11.6.el7.x86_64 #1 SMP Tue Aug 14 21:49:04 UTC
2018 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux
389-users mailing list -- 389-users(a)lists.fedoraproject.org
To unsubscribe send an email to 389-users-leave(a)lists.fedoraproject.org
Fedora Code of Conduct: https://getfedora.org/code-of-conduct.html
List Guidelines: https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Mailing_list_guidelines