[Fedora-directory-users] Clarification of User DS tab

John A. Sullivan III jsullivan at opensourcedevel.com
Sun Jan 18 02:37:04 UTC 2009

I'm in the midst of setting up a DS replica using SSL and find myself a
bit confused on the purpose of the User DS and Configuration DS tabs in
the Administration Server Configuration.  Could someone point me to some
documentation on them?

What do they represent? I am guessing the Configuration DS is how we
connect to the portion of the tree holding configuration
(o=NetscapeRoot?).  When the LDAP server is part of another
administrative domain, should this point to the local LDAP server or to
the LDAP server which manages the administrative domain?

I am also guessing the User DS is that portion of the tree holding the
user directory, i.e., most of the directory.  In the case of a read-only
replica, should this point to the read/write master? Thanks - John
--
John A. Sullivan III
Open Source Development Corporation

Street Preacher: Are you SAVED?????!!!!!!
Educated Skeptic: Saved from WHAT?????!!!!!!
Educated Believer: From our selfishness that hurts the ones we love
                   and condemns us to an eternity of hurting each other.
http://www.spiritualoutreach.com
Christianity that makes sense