[Fedora-directory-users] Update user passwords with "passwd"

Tim Hartmann hartmann at fas.harvard.edu
Mon Jan 26 15:53:28 UTC 2009

Well, I made some progress on this!

In part it turns out that I had my ACI's set to tightly in my "enable
self write for common attributes" ACI. So once I made some changes to
that ACI I was able to update my user password so long as the client
server was pointing at  one of the Masters in /etc/ldap.conf and
/etc/openldap.conf however, once I pointed those conf files back to my
LDAP Replica's, I was back to getting the same errors!

One small step closer to LDAP bliss!

Tim