[389-users] How do I restrict groups

Mark Reynolds mareynol at redhat.com
Tue Jul 9 20:07:56 UTC 2013

Hi Andy,

What exactly do mean restrict the number of users/groups?  Like a size
limit, or you want to restrict particular users/groups that the client
can see?

If you want to restrict particular entries then you should use access
control - as long as your client is not binding as the root
DN(cn=directory manager):

https://access.redhat.com/site/documentation/en-US/Red_Hat_Directory_Server/9.0/html/Administration_Guide/Managing_Access_Control.html

Regards,
Mark

On 07/08/2013 06:43 PM, Andy Spooner wrote:

> How do I restrict the number of groups or users that an
> application/service can see?
>
> I have an application that authenticates against 389. I want to
> restrict the groups that are available to the application.
>
> Regards
>
> Andy
>
> *The contents of this email are strictly confidential to the intended
> recipient(s).  If received in error you may not copy or distribute
> this message and should delete and destroy all copies and kindly
> notify the sender by return email.  Emails may be interfered with, may
> contain computer viruses or other defects.  SHORT FILMS 4 U Limited
> gives no warranties in relation to these matters**.*

Mark Reynolds
Red Hat, Inc
mreynolds at redhat.com