Follow-ups from previous board meetings:

Máirín Duffy duffy at fedoraproject.org
Fri Aug 13 21:20:12 UTC 2010

Here's some issues that have been raised at recent Board meetings that I
believe still require some follow-up. What do you think?

1 - Jon suggested that FESCO should look at setting Anaconda's freeze
date earlier in the cycle. I think someone needs to bring this up with
FESCO.

2 - We need to start working on a vision for Fedora. I'm not really sure
where we should start. But we need to figure something out.

3 - Jared noted he would like to see FESCO
   1) Making things more clear as to what constitutes a features being
“100%” ready or “90%” ready; it’s not always clear what that means.
  2) The other thing I would suggest (not really relevant to this
discussion) is to make it clear which types of things should go through
the “features” process, and which types of things can just be added as
package updates (or new packages).”
   This needs to be brought up with FESCO.

4 - Robyn brought up today: "if there is something to be answered, can
we call out the clear answer – if there is something to be followed up
on, can we please define it, and get a timeline, or at least have
someone responsible in the meeting for kicking off that followup on the
advisory board list. Just for these public IRC q&a’s – It’s one hour,
and we have a lot of community members, and I’d like to see that time
well-used, questions answered." Which suggests we need an effort to
determine tools/process to do this.

5 - We need to bring up the private-to-public discussion here on this
list. I'll take the action item to do that. Then, of course, we need to
work out how exactly it will work. I'll take ownership of that.

6 - We still need to make a decision on start.fpo - what it should pull
up for current Fedora users. Also what it should be for future Fedora
users.

7 - We should maybe decide to take some actions from the anthropology
report?

8 - We had a question two public board meetings ago about an LTS
equivalent. We had questions about this at the Fedora booth at LinuxCon
this week. Should we write up some sort of statement/policy on this? Or
at least include it in a FAQ?

9 - Are we going to continue to meet with SIG groups? If so we need to
figure out which ones and when?

10 - Spins - do we want to revisit the issues they cause?

As far as I know none of these have open tickets associated with them.

~m