Response to "Getting Fedora Out of the If-Then Loop"

Adam Miller maxamillion at fedoraproject.org
Thu Feb 18 20:13:40 UTC 2010

On Thu, Feb 18, 2010 at 12:33 PM, Mike McGrath <mmcgrath at redhat.com> wrote:
> On Thu, 18 Feb 2010, Adam Miller wrote:
>
>> I'm just going to be straight with it, would the Board be happier if
>> the entire Spins SIG closed up shop and we got KDE, Xfce, LXDE, or
>> anything else that were to pop up completely out of the repositories
>> so that we can focus on the golden child? Is that what this is about?
>> Because at this point I'm just tired of the ambiguity and if that is
>> what's desired, then lets just say it and move on.
>>

> I'm actually generally unhappy with our 'golden child' and have been a
> happy KDE user for years.  Adam, your response... and responses from
> others... have been entirely fear based and I can assure you without
> merit.  We really are just trying to address the problems we've identified
> to make Fedora better.  Some have argued that there isn't a problem.
> AFAIK not a single member of the board agrees with that so we continue to
> look and do our best.
>
>        -Mike

I honestly don't know why you continue to use the word "fear" because
fear has nothing to do with this, I don't fear the Boards decision
because they don't dictate how I spend my free time or how I
contribute to Fedora. All I have ever done through out this entire
obfuscated campaign in search of a defined "target audience" is ask
questions for clarification. I'm not here to yell and freak out about
what the Board is doing, I still don't know enough to really start
doing that or decide that I like what's going on and go along with it.
I am not here to undermine the Board, just ask questions about things
that concern me so that I can attempt to understand where the Board is
coming from and where they are trying to go.

-AdamM

--
http://maxamillion.googlepages.com