Planet Fedora guidelines?

Máirín Duffy duffy at fedoraproject.org
Fri Jun 18 20:42:38 UTC 2010

On Fri, 2010-06-18 at 13:32 -0700, Robyn Bergeron wrote:
> If we want to make it a requirement that people have been around a
> while, then so be it.  It should also be a requirement that if we're
> going to make conclusions about the content people are creating - we
> should probably actually look at their history and see what they've
> been up to.

This is a bit of a challenge when you don't understand the language the
majority of the person's posts are written in.

> I prefer to err on the side of giving people the benefit
> of the doubt rather than assume the worst.  If we do want to assume
> the worst anyway, then I'd suggest a waiting period after signing the
> CLA before one can have their feed aggregated into planet, for the
> sole purpose of eliminating people who are going through that whole
> process just to become a advertising mechanism.

Or maybe something like identi.ca has - they have a big problem with
advertisers signing up for accounts and spamming people - individual
identi.ca feeds have a 'flag' button, if someone is abusing the system
you can flag them and someone will check out their account. We could
have a flag system where if the blog feed is problematic it can be
de-listed.

~m