Using Fedora Linux, using a usage restricted trademark?

Sascha Thomas Spreitzer sspreitzer at fedoraproject.org
Mon Oct 18 16:28:17 UTC 2010

> Fedora is distributed under the Fedora License Agreement:
> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Legal/Licenses/LicenseAgreement13
> which does have limitations on redistribution of trademarked items,
> and follows US Export Control law, but does not otherwise limit
> field of use.

Oh wow, thank you Matt. I think I was looking for that piece of statement.

How come I do not know about it but using Fedora since several years?
Could it be I never had the chance to agree or disagree on it?
Or do I automatically agree with it once I install and use Fedora
without even knowing the existince of such
statement/contract/agreement?
( Do we, as a project or RedHat as a company have to bring the
evidence, that users agreed to those agreement? )

Maybe off-topic:
The agreement says: "Copyright (C) 2010 Fedora Project."
As far as I know from property law is, that only natural and
juristical persons are ilegable to hold/own property. Fedora Project
is no such person, nor holder/owner of the Trademark, thus this
copyright claim is forceless.
It should look like "Copyright (C) RedHat Inc." to put it in force.
Of course, I am no lawyer. But given this is correct, RedHat as the
"intellectual property" holder/owner, who did not state any USE
allowance until today.
Thus using Fedora today can be subject of uncertain contract relation
(tolerated/illegal)?

best wishes,
Sascha

--
Mit freundlichen Grüßen / with kind regards,
Sascha Thomas Spreitzer

http://spreitzer.name/
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/User:Sspreitzer

Warum mache ich überhaupt dieses ganze OpenSource Zeugs?
Lesen Sie hier, warum;
http://de.windows7sins.org/