Using Fedora Linux, using a usage restricted trademark?

Sascha Thomas Spreitzer sspreitzer at fedoraproject.org
Thu Oct 21 12:42:26 UTC 2010

Cool, will enlist there immediately, thanks!

>> - Who ( jursitic/natural person) is the agreement offering party?
>
> Red Hat, as stated in the first paragraph, and as the original
> distributor of Fedora.

Ah, i see. Whats missing is the signature line at the end of the document. (?)

eg.:

Mr. Pop eye, Snake Oil Corp. Inc., Dallas, TX, USA, 2010

> There are appropriate references in the documentation for the
> fedora-logos package (/usr/share/doc/fedora-logos-*/COPYING) which
> contains all uses of the Fedora trademark in the product.

Ah cool, very good. :)

>> - Does it meet Fedoras license guidelines?
>> --> Is it (free as in) freedom compatible?
>>
>> Can one dispute the board for releasing licenses/agreements against
>> Fedora Projects core-beliefs/statutes/foundations?
>
> They aren't,

Are not? What? (What is not what?)

> [..] The Fedora Project, including the Board, whose
> membership has included people from across the community over the
> years, has always been not only dedicated to Fedora's core beliefs. We
> also receive timely and effective legal counsel that helps us ensure
> we meet (and hopefully exceed) our obligations to our contributors,
> users, and the public at large in a way that fits our values.

Thank you, I honor the board.

> What is the goal you are trying to attain here?

I am not accusing or fingerpointing here, If you feel so, please
reread my writings carefully.
I have serious and neutral questions about the situation arround
freedom and how Fedora is run and ruled.
If you feel them as unpleasant, I must excuse myself.

Anyway, you are not forced to answer them at all.

best wishes,
Sascha