Trademark defense -- you can help!

Bruno Wolff III bruno at wolff.to
Thu Sep 2 12:59:58 UTC 2010

On Wed, Sep 01, 2010 at 11:03:59 -0400,
  Pamela Chestek <pchestek at redhat.com> wrote:
>   Bruno Wolff III wrote on 09/01/2010 12:02 AM:
> >
> > OK. I have found a DVD with a volume label of "FC 6 update20061216 i386 DVD".
> > It appears to be an install DVD, but I am not sure exactly how I made it.
> >
> > I also have a CD with a FC6 rescue image on it.
> >
> > Neither has any date written on it, so I don't know when they were burned.
> > The update DVD at least has dates preceding 2007 as part of the meta data
> > for the files on it. I don't know if that helps though.
> Would the word "Fedora" or logo be shown when the disk is installed?  We
> may be able to use screenshots.

Yes the word Fedora is shown (very prominently) during the boot. The is even
a trademark symbol to go along with it.
I think you can get these ISOs from archives and look at what they do.
For the most part I don't have dates written on my CDs and DVDs, so I don't
know that my physical copies are better than what you can get form some
official archive. But if you want my physical copies it would be possible
to send them to you guys.