Trademark defense -- you can help!

Thorsten Leemhuis fedora at
Thu Sep 2 13:01:01 UTC 2010

Josef Reisinger wrote on 02.09.2010 12:12:
>   Paul,
> I am not sure I understood correct: Are you looking for the Fedora logo
> in particular or any mentioning of the Fedora Product?
> I subscribe to the German's magazine "c't" and have all issues from 1997
> on CD/DVD (a service of the editor of c't). Unfortunatly this service
> lets me get rid of any hardcopy once I receive the CD/DVD.
> I did a quick view on one of them and found references to Fedora
> distributions, but no logo so far. If I find one, I am sure you will be
> able to approach the editor of c't ( to get some dated
> evidence from them.

The article "Herzstück"(¹) about Fedora Core 5, published in c't 8/2006,
Page 82 (sold for two weeks on stands in Germany/Austria/Switzerland and
selected other parts of the world, starting from 3. April 2006) contains
a screenshot where the right part of the default FC5 background(²) is
visible; both the Fedora logo and the Fedora wordmark are visible.

Is that something that we are looking for? I can get hold of a hardcopy
easily if needed.

(²) the one with the bubbles: