Fedora Board Recap 2011-02-21

Christoph Wickert christoph.wickert at googlemail.com
Mon Feb 21 23:00:11 UTC 2011

Am Montag, den 21.02.2011, 17:29 -0500 schrieb Jon Stanley:
> On Mon, Feb 21, 2011 at 5:23 PM, Bill Nottingham <notting at redhat.com> wrote:
>
> > Maybe I'm misreading this, but this seems like it would be more simply
> > stated as "the wallpaper used on spins is determined by the Design Team".
>
> They have that authority, yes. In this particular instance, if the
> Design Team proves to be unwilling or unable to render a decision, it
> will be kicked up to the Board.

IIRC at FUDCon we agreed that  the spins SIG and the spin maintainers
should have a stronger mandate, right? And now it's on the design-team
or the board to decide about the wallpapers of individual spins?

Don't get me wrong: I would like us to use a common artwork to
strengthen the Fedora brand, but in the end it should IMHO be up to the
maintainers. I mean, if I am not mistaken the GNOME upstream wallpaper
will be used anyway in the desktop spin, right? So is the desktop SIG to
decide but others are not? Or what about the GTK+ or window manager
theme?

Regards,
Christoph