fedora-it community site on Ubuntu server

Matthias Kranz matthiaskranz at gmx.de
Mon Jan 10 16:51:24 UTC 2011

On 01/10/2011 05:45 PM, Ralf Corsepius wrote:
> It works for me - *on servers and clients*.
>
> That said, to me the real issues with Fedora on servers is not the
> life-cycle. It's Fedora silently having been converted into a (mostly
> single-user) desktop OS, with many of its key components not being
> suitable for server usage.

Which components or functionality do you exactly mean? I am really
wondering because Red Hat Enterprise Linux, the most successful
Enterprise Linux distribution for servers in the market for years, is
based on Fedora. So, apparently you expect something from Fedora which
almost no one else is expecting?!

Matthias