Looking for feedback on Fedora Code of Conduct Draft

Jon Stanley jonstanley at gmail.com
Wed Mar 2 12:18:35 UTC 2011

On Tue, Mar 1, 2011 at 10:48 PM, seth vidal <skvidal at fedoraproject.org> wrote:

>  2. what does this actually mean for red hat employees? Is it a new
> requirement for employment?

So I'd suspect that a violation here is not a bar on the person's
employment at Red Hat, but rather their participation in the Fedora
community. If their job necessarily involves participation in the
community, it's kind of hard to do that if they are barred from
participating in the community by the CWG (or FPL, Board, or whatever,
having read the other thread).

While whatever body is in charge of enforcing this would not have
hiring or firing power at Red Hat, I'd imagine that if the person in
question wasn't being effective at their job, their manager would have
something to say about that.

$0.02 (or equivalent in local currency)
-Jon