[Fedora-ambassadors-list] FC5 Promotion. Time is now!

Rahul Sundaram sundaram at fedoraproject.org
Wed Mar 8 05:04:25 UTC 2006

David Barzilay wrote:

>Hi All,
>
>I was expecting some more progress on the Press Release to announce our
>FC5 Lanuch Media Plan, but time is running out.
>
>Please check: http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/FC5LaunchMediaPlan
>
>. chillout.tar.gz is a 100% opensource-localizeable-web-promo. Feel free
>to use it and also to localize it in your own language (GUIDELINES: open
>file with inscape; click on the text tool; translate text; then click
>file -> export bitmap, making sure "page" is selected in dialog window,
>choose resolution, click browse and choose destination, then click
>export)
>
>. impress.tar.gz brings a couple of slide templates. 1st and content
>pages. Again, feel free to localize it
>
>This page outlines all communications activities involving the launch of
>FC5. A big worldwide splash I envisioned some time ago, and was willing
>to coordinate with Ambassadors worldwide on a timely manner (I know it's
>not perfect but can be improved).
>
>Truth is we are VERY LATE with all these. Someone needs to pick the
>highest points from the user perspective of FC5 and write a proper press
>release (max 3 pages) in the next two days so we'll have time to
>translate it in various languages and send it to the media. Or maybe two
>press releases: one for the masses and another one for techies.

Ahem this draft press release was written a few days back and announced
here for feedback. http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/FC5PressRelease. Only
concern for me and some is that it looks more like a release
announcement rather than a press release now. Turn this into a release
announcement. Rewrite the press release or polish it?. Less technical
details and more eye catching summaries?. I am open for suggestions. Its
a wiki anyway so edit it yourself if you want to.

>Remember! Not everyone has the same knowledge you have. Whats seems easy
>for you, can be quite hard and worky for others.

Share the precious knowledge and make it easy for everyone then.

--
Rahul