[Fedora-ambassadors-list] About the openness of this list...

Alex Maier lxmaier at gmail.com
Sat Mar 11 23:11:56 UTC 2006

Clair,

I agree with you that the CLA signung process is a pain, but it was
not imposed by this group, and ALL Fedora projects need to abide by
it.

However, I am having difficulty understanding your position towards
this project. The only communication I have received from you was your
announcement that you want to leave the program and that you chose not
to share the reasons with the list.

If it was a "cry for help"--sorry I missed it.

My interpretation of that email was very straightforward--Clair wants
to leave, I remove Clair's account and say whenever she wants to
return she is welcome to.

During the time you were member of the group Clair, I did not see you
even try to participate in any discussions on the list or on IRC, and
I have not  seen you contribute to UK events, or request our support
for any of your activities there. And so I don't see how we failed
you.

The Ambassadors project is based on self-driven individuals going out
and talking about Fedora to other people. Famsco can *support* them
and provide them with feedback, but can hardly take each of the
volunteers by the hand and lead them along. With the amount of
resources we got (almost non-existent) this model will not scale,
however much I regret it.

Our goal as leaders of the Ambassadors project should be to empower
the Ambassadors to do great stuff out there, but it will have to
remain the individual Ambassadors' responsibility to come up with the
ideas and the drive to implement them.

Cheers,
Alex

Check out the new content on Fedora Project page! http://fedoraproject.org