[Ambassadors] What Fedora makes sucking for me - or why I am NOT Fedora

Max Spevack mspevack at redhat.com
Tue Dec 9 13:34:50 UTC 2008

On Tue, 9 Dec 2008, Robert Scheck wrote:

> The question for information and details was AFAIK handed out to the
> Fedora EMEA e.V. board already multiple times and as far as I can
> trust the voices regarding the FAD EMEA, the NPO wasn't also a theme
> on the topic there. It is not always me asking directly, but I'm also
> hearing voices and what I'm seeing is, that we all didn't get any
> message about what Fedora EMEA e.V. did the last half year.

Red Hat has given 6000 EUR to Fedora EMEA e.V. so far this year.
Membership fees and other small donations added to this amount, but from
a percentage-basis, probably over 80% of the funds that the non-profit
has come from Red Hat.

A big chunk of money was spent on things that people saw at LinuxTag --
bathrobes, polo shirts, USB sticks, etc.

We also used the money from the non-profit to make the fedora tshirts
that we're currently using at various EMEA events.

We supported OpenExpo and RMLL out of Fedora EMEA e.V. funds, as well as
supporting some of the costs associated with the meeting I had with a
bunch of the French Ambassadors earlier in the year.

There have been other miscellaneous expenses as well -- shipping things,
etc.

There are probably some other things that I am forgetting right now,
also.

Of course, there is also unspent money that we haven't done anything
with yet.

That's a broad overview.  Does that help?

--Max