[Ambassadors] Meeting Minute: FAmSCo Town Hall 2010-02-08

Sascha Thomas Spreitzer sspreitzer at fedoraproject.org
Wed Feb 10 08:52:36 UTC 2010

Hello Matthias,

2010/2/9 Matthias Kranz <matthiaskranz at gmx.de>:
> On 02/09/2010 06:12 PM, Christoph Wickert wrote:
>> Currently Red Hat seems to try to cut costs at the expense of their employees and the
>> Fedora community. This will not work out, it's cutting off their nose to spite their face!
>
> Christoph,
>
> what does you lead to the perception that "Red Hat is cutting costs at
> the expense of their employees and the Fedora community"?
>
> And second question: Did you recently look at the financial numbers of
> Novell?

is Novell our best practice?
I think we are different, but the symbiosis of Fedora and RHT is due
to some bottlenecks in EMEA at the very moment very exhausting.

Beware RHT, once the contributors are upset, they might consider a
strike? Or leave the project?

@Matthias; What would RHT do if EMEA strikes for 2 release cycles?

@Christoph; What do you think, how many blockings and dead ends are
acceptable until you would leave the project?
( Just brainstorming, dont take it serious )

We are a rapid growing community, but the space we have is becoming
less and less...