[Ambassadors] YouTube - Fosdem-review

Christoph Wickert christoph.wickert at googlemail.com
Thu Feb 18 20:32:17 UTC 2010

Am Donnerstag, den 18.02.2010, 20:56 +0100 schrieb Gerold Kassube:

> In the second we have FOUR hacking;

I don't know what you see, but I see at least 6 (most likely 7 because
there is another laptop on the left) people behind the booth in the
second scene. All the laptops one can see are turned to the back of the
booth and not a single one is acting as a demo laptop for the visitors.

> I hope to see you all again soon hacking in the (@ FOSDEM not existing)
> FEDORA HACKING room and not behind or at the booth ...

+1

> ... as we did (thanks Paul for the reminder) at Linuxtag in 2009. And to
> be honest; I pleased as far as I remember at least ONE person (dunno
> know who it was) from the booth with the private Laptop [but there were
> rooms for hackings of the projects]

I think you do know who that person was, but you are to polite to name
him in public. It was me! But I wasn't hacking or checking my mails, I
used my private laptop to show a visitor something that I couldn't show
at the demo-laptops. All of them were in use and none had LXDE or Xfce
installed.

So your "no private laptops at the booth" policy from Linuxtag turns out
to be counterproductive. If we are really going to ratify an official
policy for booth behavior, I don't want that part in there. For most
events it's not even feasible because we only have private laptops.

Please let me summarize, as I'm not going to reply to further mails:
What I have asked for is nothing but common sense: We all know that it's
impolite to turn your back to a person, to sit while he/she has to stand
or to not look up when somebody comes along. Do we really need a policy
for polite behavior? I hope not.

> All the best
>
> Gerold

Regards,