[Ambassadors] 1 Desktop spins DVD vs. 4 Desktop spins CDs ?

Christoph Wickert christoph.wickert at googlemail.com
Sat Oct 2 11:59:54 UTC 2010

Am Samstag, den 02.10.2010, 11:51 +0200 schrieb Mathieu Bridon:
> Hi Sascha,
>
> On Sat, 2010-10-02 at 11:34 +0200, Sascha Thomas Spreitzer wrote:
> > Hello friends,
> >
> > I just wanted to know about your opinion, if we should consider
> > replacing the current 4 CDs of Desktop spins media production with the
> > 1 DVD which contains all 4 spins?
> > Maybe even with F14 ?
>
> I think ambassadors (and more generally people) can generally produce
> whatever media they see fit.

I don't think so. Whatever we distribute needs to be an official "Fedora
product", and this decision needs to be mutually by all involved
parties: The Spins SIG, Rel-eng and the board (hope I didn't forget
somebody).

> Now if your question is « should the official spin become a DVD with the
> 4 main desktops ? », then you are on the wrong list to discuss this.

+1. Once the media is ratified by all other groups, we should seriously
consider to ship it. I really like the idea but we cannot decide this on
our own.

Regards,
Christoph