[Ambassadors] EMEA Media, All desktop spins on one disc, All full install DVDs on one disc

Sascha Thomas Spreitzer sspreitzer at fedoraproject.org
Wed Oct 13 10:47:25 UTC 2010

> You mentioned that dual layer is slower which might be a drawback for
> the live media. The question is: Is it noticeable so we need to take it
> into account?

Relating the hardware and bus system one is using it could drain speed.
The laser is switching between two data surfaces.

This behaviour is identical to movie DVD reading.

I do have no clue, whether this would impact our users Live media
experience. Any Ideas?

--
Mit freundlichen Grüßen / with kind regards,
Sascha Thomas Spreitzer

http://spreitzer.name/
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/User:Sspreitzer

Warum mache ich überhaupt dieses ganze OpenSource Zeugs?
Lesen Sie hier, warum;
http://de.windows7sins.org/