[Ambassadors] How to be a Mentor?

Rahul Sundaram metherid at gmail.com
Sat Oct 30 15:04:40 UTC 2010

On Sat, Oct 30, 2010 at 8:26 PM, Viji V Nair  wrote:

> Sorry, I was not aware that I can't put any other FLOSS work in fedora
> wiki! (even if it is beneficial somehow for fedora users). I can't
> find any guidelines regarding this in fedoraproject.org also.
>
> Even users like Rahul Sundaram asked me to move the rpm from wiki and
> keep it in fedorapeople.org, they never mentioned that I cannot keep
> this over there.

Although not the intended use of that space, I don't think there is anything
prohibiting you from doing this at the moment.  The current guidelines are
at

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Fedorapeople_Repos

Perhaps RPM Fusion would make it more accessible to end users but that is
just a recommendation.

> This is not true, we are not expecting any respect, but please don't
> insult. Mentors from India is questioning our intention of
> contribution, which is an big insult. According to them we are all
> doing this just for a "name".

I think it would be more constructive to assume goodwill than malice.  When
someone volunteers to act as a mentor, it is upto them to decide what they
are comfortable with.  I don't think generalizing this as malice for all
mentors is useful.

Rahul