[Ambassadors] FUDCon APAC bids

Joerg Simon jsimon at fedoraproject.org
Wed Jun 29 12:31:53 UTC 2011

On 06/29/2011 01:48 PM, Tiansworld wrote:
> Guys,
>
> I will be disappointed if China lost this chance.

i understand that - but decission making often means (in this case for
India or China) - you can not make it right for everyone - terrible truth.

> India is getting things done,
> India has a big computing population and interested in Fedora
> I want to say some thing about China Fedora community,
> 1. China also has a big computing population and interested in Fedora
> 2. The active contributors and ambassadors may not as many as they are
> in India
> 3. More and more users become to contributors
> 4. More and more local user group begin to hold Fedora events.(Although
> it's still in a low frequency and small scale, it's growing.) You may
> refer to the recent event here:[1]
> 5. India's bidding page has more details on budget and pre-registration,
> but this don't means China can not do better.

i suggested a metric (based on some facts) in the first place as a first
filter - i learned that this is not wanted by a majority - which is ok!

I go with the statements from other posts in this thread - decission
makers may consider:

Define - what is primary scope/goal of a(this special) FUDCon?
(get things done, get new contributors, both - weighted or equal?)

Which location and serve the scope/goal best?

> But I am trying my best to let you know, that China
> Fedora community, Chinese contributors are active with very high
> enthusiasm. They are eager to hold Fudcon in their country.

there was never and is no doubt about that!

cu Joerg Simon

--
Joerg (kital) Simon
jsimon at fedoraproject.org
http://kitall.blogspot.com
Key Fingerprint:
3691 0989 2DCA 58A2 8D1F 2CAC C823 558E 5B5B 5688