[Ambassadors] Ambassadors places in new Working Groups

Ankur Sinha sanjay.ankur at gmail.com
Sun Oct 27 11:37:18 UTC 2013

On Sun, 2013-10-27 at 12:27 +0100, Nobrakal wrote:
> In my mind, Ambassadors are more near of users than developers or
> marketing team. Ambassadors organize all the events, submit new
> idea... It is really important to have at least an ambassador in WG

I don't think Amabssdors must be part of the WGs, unless they also have
a skill set relevant to the WG. For example, Tuan isn't just an
ambassador. He works with servers and therefore brings certain knowledge
that will be useful to the WG.

Elected members of the WG are ones who will *lead* them. Ambassadors are
more than welcome to keep tabs on these working groups and provide them
with feedback when required, like the rest of the community. Ambassadors
generally jump into action in the last stage of a release: when it's
ready, and we need to spread information about it. We don't do much
during rest of the release cycle, with tasks that *create* a release.

As I understand it, this is the order of information flow:

Development/WGs (Develop) -> Marketing/Docs team (Keep tabs + create
collateral: flyers etc.) -> Ambassadors + and the community, in general
(Spread the word) -> rest of the world.

It's similar to what we have now, which is why I keep requesting folks
that aren't developers to help out with marketing/docs, or at least to
keep tabs on their tasks.
--
Thanks,
Warm regards,